Create A Conscious Closet In Four Simple Steps
Do you want to have a more conscious closet, but don't have a clue where to start?
We felt this overwhelmed when we made the change, too, so to help you out, we've created a simple guide for you to follow. It'll allow you to trade in your nasty fast-fashion shopping habits for a cleaner wardrobe in no time. (Downloadable clothing quiz below)
Take Inventory Of Your Closet
- What you wear daily.
- What you haven't worn in over a year.
- Make a list of pieces that you need.
Donate Or Sell What You Don't Wear Anymore.
- Try on each piece to make sure you're ready to part ways.
- Donate at a Goodwill near you - locate here. Or sell your previously loved items at a Buffalo Exchange or Crossroads for extra money or store credit.
- Goodwill, Crossroads, Buffalo Exchange, Poshmark, eBay, Etsy, and Depop are obvious sites that come to mind when I'm shopping secondhand.
- Start a clothing swap group; it's a great way to trade clothing while catching up with old friends and expanding your friendship circle.
Buy Sustainably And Ethically.
- Buy timeless pieces that aren't "trendy".
- Envision yourself in a piece before purchasing, and ask yourself these questions:
1. Is it comfortable?
2. Will it match with what I already own/ the new aesthetic I want to go for?
3. Will I be able to wear this to more than one occasion?
Download our quiz below to help work out which pieces to do what with: