Zero Waste Coffee Scrub; Made In Five Minutes
You may or may not know that coffee has more than one benefit besides helping you make your way to the loo every morning. Its properties are great for your skin! Coffee is a powerhouse packed with anti-oxidant effects that aid in getting rid of dead skin cells helping you achieve a glowing complexion.
Here's how to make a full body coffee scrub in under five minutes:
- Four cups of ground coffee.
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar or honey.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil.
- Add used coffee grounds into a Mason Jar.
- Add sugar or honey.
- Slightly melt the coconut oil and then add it to your mixture.
- Mix and voila!
- This gets messy, so I'd recommend doing this in your shower or over an old towel.
- Appy to your body in circular movements (avoiding sensitive skin eg. around your eyes).
- Once it's been applied all over your body, let it dry on your skin for five minutes to absorb.
- Rinse off in the shower and wash with your usual soap.
- We recommend only exfoliating your skin up to three times a week.
- Pregnant mums, or breastfeeding mums; we'd recommend avoiding your breast area and using an apply and rinse off method to avoid absorbing caffeine.